Thursday, August 12, 2010

i keep getting struck by lightning

I have interesting dreams. Vivid, strange, but usually interesting ones that make me wake up feeling all sorts of fertutzed.

The recent most occurring element in my dreams is lightning; more importantly, me running from it, but still being struck. Last night I was struck once, but I stood there, not moving, with lightning striking the ground all around me, for a bit till the storm passed. I was surrounded by people, all of which were trying to help me, but since I knew lightning doesn't strike the same place twice (good to know I’m still aware of the laws of physics even while I'm asleep) I decided not to move and avoided the other strikes.

This is the second time in not very long I’ve been struck by lightning in a dream. And since my sleep has been sporadic to say the least, this is also one of the few dreams I have had recently so the stats are proving that it means something; to me at least.

My old friend Google tells me that

Lightning

To see lightning in your dream signifies sudden awareness, insight, spiritual revelation, truth and purification. Alternatively, lightning implies a shocking turn of events. There are many forces governing your life that may be beyond your control and even destructive.

To dream that you are struck by lightning, symbolizes irreversible changes occurring in your life. You are undergoing a permanent transformation.

I started to underline the parts of this that apply to me but then I realized I only left out fluff words so I stopped...

I haven't talked much about how I recently have been all over the place with my emotions... because I feel like an idiot and no one wants to read about emotions, especially not when they don't even make the slightest amount of sense, so I'll give you the cliff notes version: I'm a girl, I have emotions, they make me crazy.

So what do I get out of that? I see lightning in my dreams, which represents some sort of realization, or turn of events. I'm running from the lightning. I'm running from the change in my life that I can't control. So, I run, but to no avail because I eventually get struck.

The lightning hits me, I am in fact undergoing irreversible changes, and you know what? This basically describes all the animosity that has been keeping me up at night. I run from whatever changes are inevitable, I can't stop them. They happen to me, and I am permanently affected...

Fun fact: lightning is not actually discriminatory; it can strike the same place twice. The point of lightning is to balance out a charge separation, and if the easiest way to do that is one object multiple times, so be it. Nature isn't picky.

So I kept looking at the elements of my dream and it's no wonder I haven't been sleeping. My subconscious is screaming out at me and my other subconscious, the one who doesn't want to listen; won't go to sleep because it refuses to be told what to do.

Backpack
To see or carry a backpack in your dream, represents the decisions and responsibilities that are weighing your down.

Cow
To see a cow in your dream, symbolizes your passive and docile nature. You obey others without question. Alternatively, a cow represents maternal instincts or the desire to be cared for. For some cultures, the cow represents divine qualities of fertility, nourishment and motherhood.
To see a herd of cows, indicates your need to belong.

Cover
To dream that you are covering something, indicates a part of yourself that you are trying to hide or are afraid of revealing. Consider what you are trying to cover up.

Fence
To see a fence in your dream, signifies an obstacle or barrier that may be standing on your path. You may feel confined and restricted in expressing yourself. Are you feeling fenced in some situation or confined in some relationship? Alternatively, it may symbolize a need for privacy. You may want to shut off the rest of the world.

Pool
To see a pool of water in your dream, indicates that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. Alternatively, a pool indicates your desire to be cleansed. You need to wash away the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment