These past few weeks have been wonderful because they have all been short... the bad thing is that all my short weeks are over for a while. When is the next holiday? Labor day is exactly one month away... Come to me labor day... come.
Since every once in a while the girl over at the little things we do does a fill in the blank friday that I feel is interesting enough to fill in the blanks, I shall to just that.
1. Today for breakfast I had half of my left over chicken parm from last night... I may be the only person who gets multiple meals out of left overs. I can eat a chipotle burrito for 3 meals...
2. My go to/never fail recipe uhh... It depends on what I'm making it for. My family is weird and no one eats cheese, so I think sweet potato casserole is what is best for them. For the rest of the world the pioneer woman's fancy mac&cheese, but with cheddar, jack and sour cream instead of the expensive cheeses she uses. I'm 21, give me a break.
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is only people who haven't tried it think it's weird, but I dip my nuggets into frosties at Wendy's. I also dip my fries. At Swensons, which is the only reason half the people in Ohio don't leave, I dip whatever I'm eating into my strawberry milkshake.
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was when I tried to make these frittata I saw on the Smitten Kitchen. It had zucchini and mushrooms and looked amazing. Well, sounded amazing. I don't know if it was the directions that weren't clear or if It was just a bad recipe but they turned out to be really bland and a huge waste of my time.
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be vanilla... I know that sounds lame but everything goes with vanilla. My favorite ice cream treat is a peanut butter sunday with extra peanut butter from the DQ. East Coast Custard also has an amazing peanut butter sunday, but they moved out of my town and the closest one is in Middleburg which I have to pay a tole to get to and I just can't justify that behavior.
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is coconut, which makes no sense because I'd bathe in pina colada if I could. It's more fresh coconut that I hate. I don't mind coconut rum, but I'd not choose it if I had another option.
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Dinner probably. It's more the time than the food. In the mornings I'm rarely hungry, then all of a sudden I'm ravishingly starving and lunch is never really enjoyable because I'm just trying to get food in there fast. Breakfast is good as long as I don't have to eat breakfast food. Cold pizza, cold chicken, that's my ideal breakfast food. I love pancakes and bacon and eggs, but I'd rather have them for dinner. Sweet things in the morning isn't what I crave. But Dinner, oh dinner. You're not in a rush, you can eat anything you want. You can have a drink with dinner and not get looks. Dinner is where it's at.
And, since it gets me an extra entry for a contest I'll tell you about it. Over at Points Of Review you can enter to win a visa gift card. The contest ends 8/25, so you've got time.
It's a blog by the same woman who writes the Cookin' Canuck who makes really interesting dishes. I've been following her since I saw something that looked heavenly on the tasty kitchen.