In going with Wednesdays theme from me telling Little Denise all the things she could improve on, I shall tell future Denise the things that I think she may either a) forget or b) not remember... umm.... yea.
as with Wednesday, although I didn't say it, these are in no particular order, just the order they fall out of my head.
1. I love me now, and I know that every time you look back on your past self you get embarrassed because of the things you did, the thoughts you had, the way you dressed (and did you hair); but remember that in the moment it seemed best, and that's all you can ask of me.
2. Seeing a therapist was the best choice I could have made, I hope it works out for you. I know that I feel better every single time I see her, and with time we (you, I) should feel like a far better version of myself than we have for a while.
3. You better have a hot husband, I don't want to wake up one morning thinking, what was I thinking? just saying.
4. keep singing, or start singing again, whichever applies. I don't know you yet, but I know your soul. Singing lifts it up. Make the music girl, it's what God intended.
5. You're 32, not dead, not the crypt keeper, not an old woman. Go out an live a little. Don't let the outside stress keep you from being happy. I know it's hard for us to see the large picture sometimes, but I'm telling you now that a little fun will go a long way.
6. Do you still have your spoon ring? If not you ought to get another.
7. I'm betting that by now you have children and other womanly things, I want you to know that no matter what they did to your body you're still beautiful. And if you don't like something change it. Don't let your children run your life, showing them that taking care of yourself is important will instill good things in their brain. It's good for all people that you're happy and healthy.
8. Buy more life insurance, you can never have enough.
9. It's okay if you become your mother, she's an okay gal. Just remember the things she did that didn't make sense to you now (10 years ago) and don't do those things. You're smart, you'll figure it out.
10. Try to see God every day. You don't have to go to church to worship him, that's not what faith is about. See his little miracles and thank him for it. I know you've always been filled with more because you had that background, just don't lose hope. Your hope is something that makes you beautiful. You see what others don't because you feel it in your heart that it's true. Don't lose that because of stress and hardships, you've made it through tougher things.
Lovely Friday to you all!