Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I really do love you guys, totally and for serious

Since I don't really feel like writing today tomorrow, or yesterday and the only way to get over writers block is to, well write; I will be continuing with the 30 days of truth biz that I've sort of let slip by the wayside. My most sincere apologies. I've just been in a funk (also, I am crazy right now,. My thoughts of this moment: periods are really gross, and I know I have think this every so often, but seriously, why the grossness?) and don't know how to get out of it.

my sister just texted me asking to go to olive garden... It's 9:55 in the morning, and I've never wanted olive garden more. She used to do this to me all the time when she worked at Starbucks at 4:30 every morning (some people are just crazy) and I'd have to remind her that restaurants don't open till 11. Gah! I hate this job. I want to be a kid again and be able to cut class and go to olive garden for soup salad and bread sticks.

So my next day o'truth is number 12

Something you never get compliments on

I never get compliments on my ability to speak Latin, but that's probably because I can't remember a thing from that class other than how to spell English words properly, so I guess that makes sense...

I suppose the purpose of this exercise it to think of something I really like about myself that may go unnoticed by others, and I don't know how lame it will be to talk about my blog on my blog... but that's okay, I've been accepting of my lameness for a while now.

My Blog

I love this little escape I have, this little world I've created. I love that I don't have to hide from it or fake happy with it. I love the people who read it and comment and inspire me to be better and do more. I love you guys. I love the friendships I've built and the lives I can touch (by reading and writing) that I never would have know otherwise. My real life friends and family don't read it (Ellen, Sri, you're obvious exceptions) and thus say nothing about it. Bobby will read it from time to time, but instead of anything good he just makes fun of me so something he thinks is quasi inappropriate, but I wrote it because I thought is was funny or pertinent or both. I love the new photo I put up top. I am proud of myself for taking the picture and editing it. I've never taken a photo class in my life, so I am always a little embarrassed about showing people pictures I've taken because I have no idea what they'll say.

I don't get compliments on my blog, my writing, or my photography skills. I but I don't do this for the compliments, I do it because it fills a space in my heart and head that would otherwise be filled with lolcats and me reading all day long (there is only so much time you can spend reading, no matter how much you like the book).

1 comment:

  1. You have a compliment off me! I love your blog that much i gave you an award

    http://theboyfrienddrama.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete