Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Curious Tuesday...

1) Who is the person you have loved for the longest?

Ahh, love...

I am madly in love with my best friend of 6 years. He is amazing. He is strong. He is handsome. He is gay.

When we started dating I was 16, he was 17. We've been through so much I can't even imagine my life without him. I love him as a friend, and I know that if we hadn't dated and I didn't fall in love with him and then our relationship took another even more deeply profound direction, I would not be the same person I am today. His coming out ripped my heart out. But it taught me how to be accepting and loving. I need him as much as he needed me. He is my soul mate. I'm so lucky to have him.

2) What gets in your way the most?

My lack of interest. I try, but I'm lazy. I'm smart, and lazy. I know what I want, but if it gets to hard or tedious I stop. Because I have the mindset that I shouldn't have to work that hard for something. I'm my own worst obstacle..

3) What is your most bittersweet memory?

Huh... I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

When I was a senior we had our end of the year choir concert when that seniors could sing a solo if they wanted, even if they were bad singers. My dear dear friend (at the time... we sadly don't talk anymore, I don't know what happened) was singing and it was so heartfelt and beautiful. He played the piano for himself, and the song was his mothers favorite. I cried, actually sobbed. I cried because I was remembering all the times we cut class to hang out, play the piano, and make up songs together, we were complete goofs, we played board games till 2 or 3 in the morning, we pretended we were on a TV show and interviewed the people around us who just didn't get it... he was my most memorable high school friend. We had Freshman Gym together and I since had come from a private school I didn't know anyone and he and I just clicked.

I was so happy we'd made it that far and that we'd done it together. Him playing and singing was the end. I would give anything to hear him sing that song one more time.

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.


For the first 20 years of my life i hated tomatoes. I mean hated them. Now, I love them. I love them so much I eat them plane, or with some Italian dressing. I can't eat a sandwich without one. Tomatoes are yummy!

This photo reminds me of the plants we had growing up. I hated to eat them, but I loved to grow them. Watching nature when you're a child is an amazing thing. I'm thrilled I now like tomatoes... I honestly can't picture a sandwich without one.


No comments:

Post a Comment