Thursday, July 8, 2010

birthday pies!

Davids Birthday is Saturday, and although I got him a pretty bomb gift it won't be arriving till Tuesday of next week because I always seem to order things from California when I need them in a rush... and we all know there is no way I'm spending $19 to have it shipped any faster. Since I will have nothing to give him and I'm also unusually busy that day I'm baking him pies instead!

The fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach... or a sharp object through his chest... but I'll already have a big enough mess to clean up after the party and don't want to add spilled innards to it.

The pies I'll be making will be of the Strawberry/Rhubarb variety and will hopefully taste awesome. I'm thinking about making 3, two for the party and one to taste test to make sure they are good enough to serve people. I am also thinking about cupcakes since I make good ones and not everyone likes pie. What do you think? It really depends on how messy my kitchen is after the pies and how tired I am after making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment