Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weightloss Wednesday

Please don't get this blog confused with one of those other blogs about eating healthy and losing weight.

I'm just a girl with a blog who writes about whats on her mind, and loosing some extra poundage is something I've been thinking about.

I've been cooking more, which is in an attempt to save some hard earned dollars, and because I've been having fun I've been making more and more fun things... and by fun things I mean things with cheese sauce, and a whole stick of butter...

The concoctions I make are delicious, and I can spend about $70 at the store and feed myself, David, and Bobby for a week. David and I can spend that much in two meals going out to eat, I think most people can.

So I need to concentrate on making dishes with more healthy alternatives that still taste amazing.

On the menu for this week, which is of course tentative and depends on how I'm feeling, if someone else volunteers to cook, and things like that is as follows.

Wednesday: Shepherds Pie, from Simply Recipes



I've never had it, but it sounds yummy. I do love me a good potato. And, to "healthify" things a bit I will use half ground beef, and half ground turkey. I will also double the veggies minus peas on one side, Bobby hates peas. I'm still using potatoes though... maybe I'll just use less butter in them.

For Thursday: Home made Spaghetti and Meatballs from The Pioneer Woman herself.



No healthifying here. I'm going all out. I bought real fresh garlic, I'm making everything, except the noodles... I'll save that for after I get a rolling pin, I don't have one and the ones at Target are all $10 or more. The Paula Deen one is $20. I'm not spending that much on a freaking rolling pin when I can get someone else to do it for me. I also want a wooden spoon... and a Kitchenade mixer, in red. Just thought I'd let you know what I want.

So remember; if you ever get me anything, I want a wooden spoon, a rolling pin, and a Kitchenade Mixer in red.

Friday I will be making a few things because I don't work Saturday and can stay up late playing in the kitchen.

1. Spicy Chicken Nuggets, once again from Simply Recipes



David loves spice, and I don't. but these are made in a way that I can make some with the kick and some without. I love nuggets.

2. Cheddar Cheese Puffs From Simply Recipes again. I get all gung-ho about a cooking site, make a lot then move on. (I still love you Pioneer Woman, I do).


These puffs call for a French way of cooking the dough that makes them extra light and fluffy known as pâte a choux. It means you throw the flour and such into boiling water and it half cooks there. Then, after stirring the rest of the ingredients in you size up the balls (he he) and pop them in the oven to finish cooking. I love cheese, I love bread, I see no issues. Until I've made this recipe I can't tell you how I will healthify it. To be honest I may do nothing and just save it for special occasions.

We will also probably have left over pasta if this isn't enough. The recipe says it makes enough for 6 and since there are only 3 of us there should (fingers crossed) be some left over for Friday night.

Saturday and Sunday I will be brunching it up with Veggie Mini Quiches, and Baked Apple Pancakes from the Cookin' Canuck, and Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Toast-Cups from the Tasty Kitchen Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment