Friday, January 7, 2011

the best thing that's happened to me all year

I have two therapists now that I see every other week.

One is a psychologist... or talkey doctorate type person who is not a medical doctor, and the other is a psychiatrist- talkey type who is also a medical doctor and can write me prescriptions.

This has little to do with the awesome thing that happened, it just will sort of paint a picture for you. My psychologist and I are working on my stress... and how to control it, see when it's coming, not freak the fuck out, and basically she helps me talk through things that I can change in my life and we make plans on how to change them.

I set little goals for each week for myself and the thing that has been stressing me out majorly for the last few months is my nursing entrance exam... see, I am smart, but I hate studying. So smart that I actually rarely need to study because if I pay attention in class (which I do) and take good notes (which I also do) I can basically breeze through any subject. Except maybe Latin, I should have studied more for Latin.

So, my goal I set for before Christmas was to study for this freaking test and if I passed I'd reward myself with a massage. The test was this morning... I probably studied for 15 minutes just to review basic math, and even though I felt like I was for sure going to fail the science part, I got one of the higher test scores of the people who are applying for the May session! That, with my 3.0 average for the University of Akron basically means I will more likely than not be going to school very soon and graduate 20 months from then with a RN degree. I'll be able to save lives and poke people with needles.

passing was a score of 58 or higher, I got a 74! With really no studying...

I can now get the massage I already purchased from groupon and since my stress load is significantly lightened by this passing of the test, I think the massage will just be perfection.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so flipping proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay.. enjoy your massage missy- you deserve it!

    On a side note, don't you think it is obnoxious when someone comments and then specifically asks for you to follow them, but then they aren't following you?!

    This is the offender: http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. Is. Awesome. Way to go! And enjoy that massage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the exam! You've definitely earned that massage.

    I have my GREs coming up in April and August. I am freaking out about the math section of the general exam. I was an English major, we don't *do* math.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Ain't nothin like a goooood massage after tests. My husband and I got them after finals this last semester - and it was heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, you always sound so sane and sensible when you write. Can't picture you on the couch talking to a shrink. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Hell, it sounds fun.

    Good luck with nursing. Nursing is a stable, noble and high-paying job. But it tends to suck. At least that's what I observe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! That is awesome. I thought about getting my RN but I get lightheaded & queasy when i encounter needles or other various sharp objects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Enjoy your massage, I've never had one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer the person that can prescribe me shit.

    Messages are super awesome.

    And I wish passing tests was as easy for me as it is for you.

    Overall, kick ass post. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete