Thursday, May 6, 2010

about me

Since my new goal is to focus on me and my life that needs to start moving forward I thought I'd answer some questions that I found on another bloggers site that she answered. Doesn't that sound fun?

* Side note:I know I haven't talked about this much, but since I finally have some good news I'll share :)

When I decided to discontinue my relationship with the U of A and their lovely music department, I owed some money. $4300 to be exact because for some reason (I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my mothers end of the tax bit) my FAFSA didn't process properly and I got no financial aid for that semester...

So, long story short I was paying it back on my own but after I lost my serving job and was in the hospital and my car decided to poop out so I had to get a new one, I was only making $9 an hour and that's not very much. I lost my health insurance because I was no longer a student, and my bills became more than I was making. So my savings which was close to being enough to pay off all the debt went to finance my life. Now, after paying off some of it myself and not telling people exactly how much I owed because I was embarrassed I hadn't been able to pay anything for some time. Last month I got a letter saying the balance ($3700) was due by the end of the month or they'd be turning it into the collection agency and I'd owe all sorts of late fees and my life would be over. The letter didn't say the last part, but it meant it, you know.

Well I called, and the truly nice person in the cashiers office said I could make 10 payments of $370, and that was do-able for me. So last month I made the payment, and this month I was going to make it again, but I talked to my Dad (who has saved my live over and over again through all of this) about how much I needed to give him this month for the payment. He said he could only put a thousand on it this month! A thousand! I'm so excited. I love him, so much. My Dad is an amazing guy, ask anyone (except my mother).

I think I forgot to mention that I need to go back to school, but can't until by UA bill is paid because they won't transfer my credits. I was there for two years, I have a ton of credits that need transferred!

Now I'm making $11 an hour (insurance school for a week and a big test I passed!), which is a lot more than $9, and I have a side job where I nanny for this family while their mother works over night once every other week. So with my raise, my side job that is not steady but I don't spend until I know I am working, and the cheap health insurance I got because I work at a State Farm and we get the hook-up I'm getting back on track and not borrowing from my savings account every month. And I am proud to say that I do still have enough money in it to bail myself out if things get a little tough.

That was a long side note.

On to the questions!

Foodology:

What is your salad dressing of choice?
I love Italian, if I go out that's what I get because you can't really mess up Italian. But I also like to try house dressings. I love salad, and trying different dressings is fun. I like anything vinaigrette (except balsamic, I don't know what it is about it, its gross to me). My favorite right now is the Raspberry Stuff I bought from the Giant Eagle. It was $4.50! But I think it's worth it, the bottle is almost gone, and it's really good on tomatoes.  I also like Ranch, I am an American after all.

What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
Aladdin's Eatery. They have Lebanese, American and vegetarian food that is awesome! Also everything is made fresh, they don't freeze anything, and they have a patio. Patio eating is more important than you'd think.

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
You may think I'm gross, but Taco Bell. The food is cheap and it's pretty good. Plus they are open till 4a and don't care if you stumble in there drunk.

What food could you eat every day for 2 weeks and not get sick of?
Two weeks is a long time... I'd have to say Chicken Salad, because you can change the dressings and stuff. My favorite thing is Chicken Salad (you know, with the mayo and the grapes and the almonds and celery) ON TOP OF regular salad! Oh my. I could eat that for 2 weeks.

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
I really like cheese, just cheese. If the dough is good I don't feel like I need all those toppings, plus they fall off and you just end up eating them with your hands. Sometimes if I'm feeling daring I'll get Alfredo sauce, it's good, but you can't always have to.

More about me to follow soon!

1 comment:

  1. You're sounding better and I hope you are... Good to know that! :)

    ReplyDelete