Tuesday, June 29, 2010

because my "inner voice" now sounds like Alec Baldwin

You know how the first time you hear a recording of your voice you get weirded out because it sounds nothing like you? That may have to do with the tiny yellow and red microphone you were talking into, but more likely than not it's because your inner voice sounds nothing like the real you; and your inner voice is the one you think with, you read with, you talk to yourself with... not that you talk to yourself.

And now, after watching 30 Rock like it's the Disney Channel and I'm five and a half years old, I can't get the voice of Jack Donaghy out of my head. I read in that voice, I think in that slow deep scratchy timber that makes my knees wobbly and my heart go pitter-patter, and best of all I now hear him narrating my life.

I'm not too disappointed, it's just my inner voice. I mean, how often do these things change? And after all, Alec does frequent my late night fantasies almost as much as Harry Potter.


1 comment:

  1. I friggin' LOVE JACK! Him and Tracy make that show what it is :) uh-mazing! And yes... I hate the way I sound on recording or video. I sound like a whiny little mugger. Not COOL.

    ReplyDelete