Friday, June 11, 2010

please don't be white trash...please

I live in Ohio, the north-eastern part, and the only accent I sometimes have (besides a well practiced British one which appears when I sip tea) is my "Akron A"... sometimes pronounced "ay", which isn't even always present, I don't have an accent!

I grew up here, in NEO, and wonder where the other people who grew up here got "southern accents"? WHy do they sound like garbage? How do they sound like they are completely different when they are from the same place?

Hillbilly, some say. Or white-trash.

Imagine the people from http://peopleofwalmart.com/




 No one should live their life like this. I don't care if you shop at walmart... that's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying that you don't have to live like garbage, and sound like an imbecile every time you open your mouth. You don't have to wear clothes that don't fit and too much makeup. You are allowed to shower, and have nice looking hair. Why do you choose garbage? Why is that acceptable to you?

It honestly makes me sad, that people have no shame. That they have no pride in the way they present them self, thus the way they are perceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment