Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I don't like coconut

I don't like coconuts, there I said it.

I don't know what it is, but they really just don't taste good to me.

Two years in a row David came back from vacation with a legit coconut, filled with rum, and probably illegal; which we drank it in shots. Then he tried to get me to eat some of the eatable part (meat?); and you know what?

Even though I was half drunk (which means I was on my way to having inactive taste buds) I still didn't like it. At all. Coconuts are gross.


See how yummy this looks? Don't be fooled, it's awful.
If you're not aware, I believe in eating food, even if you think you don't like it, just because taste buds change. And through this experimenting with food I have found that I can handle a jalapeno, I can eat other spicy things (like the hot salsa at El Camp, and horseradish) and not have my gums fall off; I enjoy tomatoes so much I don't really eat sandwiches without them anymore, and coconut is still not delicious.

It's sad really, because everything served with coconut looks yummy, and it usually smells good too. But then I take a bite, and I think to myself, "Hmm, well, it's still not good, not even just a little..." and then I hand the half bitten thing to someone who likes it. Usually my mom, she doesn't care that I give her something half eaten, She is a good mother.

Did I mention I'm in my early twenties? No? Well I am, and I still expect my mother to eat the gross things I don't want to.

I really am saddened by this lack of any positive feeling for coconut, because today I found a recipe that had coconut in it, and it looked really good. Then I remembered I don't like coconut, and feel that it ruins dishes that could have otherwise been quite yummy. And I came to my blog to vent about my disappointment in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment